This is an exciting part time opportunity for an accomplished Bookkeeper / Office Manager to join a well-established marketing agency based in Newcastle City Centre.
You will join a busy team in a fast paced environment for this varied role to ensure the smooth running of the daily accounts and all ad hoc office management duties.
The candidate will be confident in what they do, be willing and able to implement new admin systems. They will have the ability to work with all levels of staff and have the ability to work on their own and have great communication and customer service skills.
• The day-to- day running of the company accounts using Sage 50 Accounts including the input of sales and purchase invoices onto Sage.
• General ledger maintenance, journal entries and posting of any other ad hoc transactions.
• Monthly bank reconciliations.
• Timely payment of suppliers, company expenses and the monitoring of petty cash.
• Processing of supporting documentation to Accountants for monthly management accounts and year-end accounts.
• Production of quarterly VAT returns.
• Processing of Monthly Payroll changes to be sent to our Accountants.
• Controlling income, cash flow and company expenditure.
• Chasing of debtors in a timely manner.
• Providing support to the directors in reference to the financial and administrative requirements of the company.
• General HR Duties.
• Weekly review of timesheets & providing monthly reporting where necessary.
• Managing all office/building utilities & stationery supplies.
• Office manager responsibilities include scheduling meetings and appointments, making office supply arrangements, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to our employees.
• 2 years Sage 50 Accounts experience.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Excel & MS Word).
• Be a self starter who can work both independently and as part of a team with minimum supervision.
• 2 years experience working in an office management role.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
• General HR Knowledge.
• General H&S Knowledge.
• It is expected that the candidate will work twenty-one hours a week and a competitive salary will be paid in line with the successful candidates experience.
Please send your CV to;
Closing date for applications: Saturday 29th February.